Creamy White Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy White Chili(285)
Sort By :
A huge favorite in our house! Just make sure you use good northern beans. I know that I've gotten some canned northern beans that are mushy to begin with. That doesn't make for a good chili.
This recipe is amazing! I used ground chicken and ground Italian sausage (about half and half), and followed the recipe exactly for everything else. Cooking the sausage and chicken together adds LOTS of flavor. It's turnout delicious twice now. I highly recommend!
This soup is good and easy to make. I did make a few changes--I used leftover chicken, 3 cans beans, a little extra water to simmer in, and I left out the cream because I didn't want it any thinner. I would use milk to thin if needed. It was yummy and easy.
This recipe tastes so good. I use garlic cloves instead of the powder, and skip cayenne. I already take cayenne caps each day. Loved it!
My husband and I loved it and I would make it again for us, but the kids did not care for it. Too many beans for their taste. I followed another reviewers suggestion to cook it in the crock-pot on low and stirred in the sour cream and cream about 30 minutes before serving.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Chili Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >