- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Creamy White Chili
"I love it, everyone in my home loves it, and I have been asked for the recipe many times. I have to triple the recipe for my family. It is very easy to make."
"I've made this recipe several times for my family. We leave out the chicken for vegetarian style and serve it over baked potatoes, rice, or quinoa. They love it every time!"
"This a an awesome recipe... I shredded my chicken and it was even better the second day....Whole family and staff loved it... Would not change a thing...."
"Good recipe. But on day 2 you need to serve the rest or freeze it. Chicken only tastes good for max of 2 days"