Creamy White Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creamy White Chili
Sort By :
I absolutely love this recipe, and have made it many times since it made its first appearance in Taste of Home magazine back in 2001. The only negative is that it is a bit rich, so it should probably be a once-in-awhile thing!
This is absolutely delicious - I would give it a 50 star rating if I could. We made it exactly the way the recipe states, we figured if we liked it and we were going to make it again we would make a change then. However it is PERFECT exactly the way it is, we love it!!! I made a batch yesterday (already gone) so I'm making another batch today. Anyone who said they didn't like it (which is maybe one or two) must have used different brands or something than what we did because this is seriously good.....I can't wait to have more today!!!
I've had white chili before, but thought a creamy-style would be a nice twist. This was so delicious! My husband kept raving about it.
Really really good!