- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in soup and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach, cheese and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Chicken Dinner
Sort By :
Wondering if I could use 2 (10 ounce each) pkgs. frozen chopped spinach (well drained) instead of fresh. Thank you for your reply!
This is a delicious meal. The first time I made it I followed recipe exactly and loved it this time I didn't have cream of mushroom soup so I used cream of celery and I like it a lot better with that.. It is extra yummy.... OH actually I didn't follow it exactly the first time I used1% milk instead of heaving whipping cream and I used that this time too... Don't want any extra calories and the milk was just fine to make it yummy!
This was delicious! I added a clove of fresh garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Will definitely make again!
it was realy good but we cut down on the sp
Loved it! My whole family liked it, but we eat a lot of meals with spinach. I used 2% milk to cut down on calories.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >