- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in soup and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach, cheese and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
- Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Chicken Dinner
Sort By :
"Very good recipe for a quick, weeknight meal. I followed the directions exactly except for using Cream of Celery soup instead of Cream of Mushroom. It was very rich, and I think I will substitute half-and-half for the whipping cream next time."
"Wondering if I could use 2 (10 ounce each) pkgs. frozen chopped spinach (well drained) instead of fresh. Thank you for your reply!"
"This is a delicious meal. The first time I made it I followed recipe exactly and loved it this time I didn't have cream of mushroom soup so I used cream of celery and I like it a lot better with that.. It is extra yummy.... OH actually I didn't follow it exactly the first time I used1% milk instead of heaving whipping cream and I used that this time too... Don't want any extra calories and the milk was just fine to make it yummy!"
"This was delicious! I added a clove of fresh garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Will definitely make again!"
"it was realy good but we cut down on the sp"