Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper and paprika
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes,1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup each coarsely chopped green and sweet red pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 7 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Warm biscuits
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir the chicken, salt, pepper and paprika in oil until the chicken juices run clear, stirring occasionally; drain. Add the vegetables, basil, bay leaf, celery salt and 5 cups broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Remove bay leaf. In a large saucepan, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually whisk in remaining broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour into the Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Stew(3)
Sort By :
this is a big hit with our friends only thing we changed was used small red potatoes cut in bite size peaces excellent
this is a big hit with our friends only thing we changed was used small red potatoes cut in bite size peaces excelent
My husband refuses to eat this, but a couple years ago, I made it for my grandchildren. They enjoyed it. It could use more herbs.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Stews >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >