Creamy Chicken Noodle Bake Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) chicken gravy
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt 6 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the chicken, gravy and pimientos.
- Drain noodles; toss with remaining butter. Stir into chicken mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Combine the cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle around edges of casserole. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Noodle Bake(11)
Sort By :
This was soooo good. I subbed pork as that is what I had and it had fabulous flavor.
I used a whole pre cooked chicken and it was very good Next time I will add another jar of pimientos.
Good flavor - excellent. My family loved this dish.
Five stars all the way! The only thing I did differently was divide the recipe in half. Will definitely make again.
Wait, I found it at the bottom of the recipe...OOPS!! :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Noodle Casserole >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >