Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 20 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas(64)
Sort By :
I have been making this for over 30 years and it is the only thing my grown children ask me to make but can I make a few suggestions? 1/4 cup butter or margarine with 1/4 cup chopped onions with a few pecan pieces sautéed until onions are opaque into the chicken mixture. In addition add a little jalapeño juice. In the sour cream mixture add some jalapeños and 1 tablespoon of milk. The jalapeños give it a little kick and the pecans and sautéed onions bring out the cumin in the chicken. I always add a bit more cumin. For the cheese add two kinds.. Mild cheddar and jack. Let me know how it goes ;-)
Love this recipe! So happy it did not have the traditional enchilada red sauce. I have made this several times and there are never any leftovers.
I would in the future just dress the finished bake with some finely minced parsley.Just for color. Perfect for groups.
Just a note aside ,those that are reducing fat content?There is a reduced fat cream of chicken soup by Campbelle that is great.I however make this just as Pat suggests,so delicious,I don't want to change it at all.
Without question superb.easy to make(I use rotisserie chicken from the supermarket)Foolproof and everyone loves it.Plan on making it for my daughter's baby shower this month.Thank you Pat,this one is a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >