Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups diced cooked chicken
- 20 flour tortillas (6 inches), room temperature
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas(66)
Sort By :
Me and my family LOVED these!! Very good, very creamy. I make them a lot!
I have been making this for over 30 years and it is the only thing my grown children ask me to make but can I make a few suggestions? 1/4 cup butter or margarine with 1/4 cup chopped onions with a few pecan pieces sautéed until onions are opaque into the chicken mixture. In addition add a little jalapeño juice. In the sour cream mixture add some jalapeños and 1 tablespoon of milk. The jalapeños give it a little kick and the pecans and sautéed onions bring out the cumin in the chicken. I always add a bit more cumin. For the cheese add two kinds.. Mild cheddar and jack. Let me know how it goes ;-)
Love this recipe! So happy it did not have the traditional enchilada red sauce. I have made this several times and there are never any leftovers.
I would in the future just dress the finished bake with some finely minced parsley.Just for color. Perfect for groups.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchilada Casserole >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >