“Absolutely wonderful” is how Debra Hibbs accurately describes her dish of artichoke-topped chicken in a lovely wine sauce. “It’s excellent for company or special family dinners,” she notes from Beaumont, California.
Featured In: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, cooked and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Return chicken to the pan; simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to cream mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1 cup. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Divide rice among four plates; top with the chicken, sauce, artichoke hearts and olives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken 'n' Artichokes in Light & Tasty
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Chicken 'n' Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review