I revised a pumpkin bread recipe to make these delicious spiced muffins. Pureed canned carrots and a cream cheese filling make them so moist!—Francy Schneidecker, Tillamook, Oregon
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Place carrots in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices. In a small bowl, whisk the pureed carrots, egg and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups one-third full. In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Carrot Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p39
Reviews for Cream Cheese Carrot Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review