- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries and pears. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and paprika; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Add sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Pear Spinach Salad
Sort By :
"This was delicious!! I made it with apples instead of pears and put feta cheese on top. I also used the Kale, etc. Power Mix from Costco. The entire family went crazy for it!"
"Found the dressing too sweet. Second time around used balsamic dressing."
"Made this to go with Thanksgiving dinner and it was great. I had to substitute an apple for one of the pears because I had run out and it was still great. It is on the sweet side for a salad and I may try to adjust the dressing next time like shakinbake, and I will definitely adjust the amount of cranberries to 1/2 because I felt they were too overwhelming. Look forward to making this one again!"
"We found this salad to be much too sweet. While the salad itself is 5 stars, with the dressing, it is a 3 star recipe. I made this twice, once following the recipe as written. Not only is the dressing sweet, but the pears and cranberries add sweetness. The second time I made this recipe, I reduced the 5T of sugar in the dressing to about 1T and reduced the cranberries to 1/2 cup."
"Really good! Definitely will make again!"