- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries and pears. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and paprika; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Add sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Pear Spinach Salad
Sort By :
Found the dressing too sweet. Second time around used balsamic dressing.
Made this to go with Thanksgiving dinner and it was great. I had to substitute an apple for one of the pears because I had run out and it was still great. It is on the sweet side for a salad and I may try to adjust the dressing next time like shakinbake, and I will definitely adjust the amount of cranberries to 1/2 because I felt they were too overwhelming. Look forward to making this one again!
We found this salad to be much too sweet. While the salad itself is 5 stars, with the dressing, it is a 3 star recipe. I made this twice, once following the recipe as written. Not only is the dressing sweet, but the pears and cranberries add sweetness. The second time I made this recipe, I reduced the 5T of sugar in the dressing to about 1T and reduced the cranberries to 1/2 cup.
Really good! Definitely will make again!