Have a great meal with this mouthwatering recipe from Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. “My family loves the taste of these moist and spicy pork chops,” she says. “In a pinch, I've substituted diced drained peaches for the mandarin oranges with equally delicious results.”
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Orange Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p24
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review