Cranberry-Orange Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Pork Chops(7)
Sort By :
I make this recipe every fall. The only thing that I do different is add an extra can of mandarin oranges just before serving. I find that for me the first can tends to break down into a sauce which we really like! But its a great recipe.
These pork chops were delicious! I didn't have chicken broth so used water, and I found that it was just fine -- the juices from the pork made it flavorful. I do think it would be a bit more so with chicken broth so will be sure to use that next time and see for sure. I served this with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables and will definitely make it again. It's always nice to have a new recipe for boneless pork chops.
Love the cranberry-orange combo! They were nice and juicy. I'll deffinately make them again (and take the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!)
Because my family does not eat pork, I will substitute chops with boneless, skinless chicken breasts! Perhaps a bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice to finish before serving will make it a wonderful, light, bright flavored week night
meal! I most always find that swapping the appropriate cut of chicken in most all quick preparation pork recipes yields terrific results!
this is a great pork chop recipe i will add it to my recipe box to keep making
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >