Crab-Stuffed Tilapia Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, pimientos and seafood seasoning. Spread 1/3 cup crab mixture over fillets. Roll up each from the pointed end; secure with toothpicks.
- Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over fish. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard toothpicks. Spoon pan juices over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Tilapia(10)
Sort By :
absolutely yummy, the only changes i made were substituting red pepper for the pimento and doubled the old bay
This "recipe" is sadly lacking in my opinion.even if I knew what seafood seasoning was. Two very plain-tasting proteins, tilapia and crab?
It was very good. I substituted a sautéed red bell pepper for pimientos because I don't care for them.
Delicious! I used diced jalapeno and red bell pepper instead of celery and pimiento for extra kick. I also increased the Old Bay seasoning since the original amount seemed to lack a little for my taste.
Easy to make! Substituted olive oil instead of butter. Yummy ; )