Country Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, 1 cup sugar and egg until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Pour a third of the batter into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan; sprinkle with a third of the cinnamon-sugar. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Country Cinnamon Swirl Bread(5)
Sort By :
A wonderful bread...especially at the holidays!
Delicious! My grandchildren loved this bread!
I just made this recipe and it is almost gone! We all absolutely loved it! I do have to admit that this recipe tastes more like cake than bread. No complaints for this super easy recipe. I did not have buttermilk so I just used 1cup of milk, added 1TBS of vinegar and let it sour. Bread was really moist and flavorful. I will make it again tomorrow for our kids Sunday School class.
This bread is very moist and tasty. I have made it many times. It is nice to give as a gift too.
I have used this recipe and it's great! It reminds me of a bread and a coffee cake all in 1! When I bake this bread, I take it for our coffee time at our chapel on Sunday mornings! Thank you for sharing this recipe!