Country Brunch Skillet Recipe
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add the potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Make six wells in the potato mixture; break one egg into each well. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Country Brunch Skillet
Sort By :
"I like making this on Saturday mornings (occasionally) for my family. It gives my mom a break from making food, and my family loves it. Great recipe!!When I made this, I cut up breakfast sausage and made scrambled eggs in a frying pan and mixed it in with the cheese at the end. Then I at least knew that the eggs were completely cooked."
"When making this we switch the cheddar for brie cheese, which we add just before the eggs. This is a go to reciepe for us. Just love it"
"I thought this was alright. It was nice to only have one dirty pan though, and you do not have to worry about flipping the eggs. I added some red pepper flakes to spice it up!"
"Yummy, yummy, yummy! Frozen O'brien potatoes are the way to go, then you don't need to chop onions & peppers. Family loves this!"
"This recipe was very delicious! Instead of using only cheddar, I used a mozza, parma, cheddar blend....and it was very tasty! Thinking of adding red pepper next time! And the best thing of all....there was only one skillet to clean!"