Country Brunch Skillet Recipe
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add the potatoes, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Make six wells in the potato mixture; break one egg into each well. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Country Brunch Skillet
Sort By :
I like making this on Saturday mornings (occasionally) for my family. It gives my mom a break from making food, and my family loves it. Great recipe!!
When I made this, I cut up breakfast sausage and made scrambled eggs in a frying pan and mixed it in with the cheese at the end. Then I at least knew that the eggs were completely cooked.
When making this we switch the cheddar for brie cheese, which we add just before the eggs. This is a go to reciepe for us. Just love it
I thought this was alright. It was nice to only have one dirty pan though, and you do not have to worry about flipping the eggs. I added some red pepper flakes to spice it up!
Yummy, yummy, yummy! Frozen O'brien potatoes are the way to go, then you don't need to chop onions & peppers. Family loves this!
This recipe was very delicious! Instead of using only cheddar, I used a mozza, parma, cheddar blend....and it was very tasty! Thinking of adding red pepper next time! And the best thing of all....there was only one skillet to clean!