A breakfast of cottage cheese with ketchup and pepper might seem scandalous to some, but to President Nixon it was standard morning fare. The cottage cheese in these flapjacks adds nice texture and an old-fashioned flavor reminiscent of blintzes. If you want to top them with something red, I suggest strawberry syrup.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cottage cheese and butter until blended. Add flour; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Pancakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p173
Reviews for Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review