Cottage Cheese Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- Raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Whole milk
- Place flour in a medium bowl; cut in butter as for pie crust. Blend in cottage cheese until mixture forms a ball (can use a food processor). Chill 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. round cutter. Place a level 1/4 teaspoon of jam in center of reach cookie. Moisten edges and fold in half; seal tightly with a fork. Place on lightly greased baking sheets; prick tops with fork.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. For glaze, combine the sugar, extract and enough milk to make thin spreading consistency; drizzle over cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 169 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 9, 2019
Yum! Could Never tell there was cottage cheese in the pastry crust. Flakey
Jul 27, 2017
Everyone wants to know the secret to the "delicate pastry layers" -- these cookies look and taste much more complicated than they really are. I do add 1/2 tsp. of salt since I use unsalted butter, and I have used several different flavors of preserves for the filling with excellent results. This recipe is a winner at my house!
Aug 7, 2013
I've already made three batches of these delicious cookies, for family and friends, and they disappeared in the blink of an eye! This recipe is a definite keeper!