- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups cubed corn bread
- 8 bread slices, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in a large skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Drain and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add chicken. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Corn Bread Chicken Bake
Sort By :
"Just OK. Hoped for better results considering the time investment."
"Thanks to this recipe dry, old cornbread muffins and leftover turkey breast became a creamy mouthwatering dish! I agree with others, this is a great way to use up leftovers. After only eating half at dinner time, it made a great, quick breakfast dish that needed only a minute in the microwave. A great way to get everyone out the door in the morning. I also agree that using poultry seasoning worked great."
"Great use of leftovers. Poultry seasoning works well in place of the rubbed sage."
"I haven't made this recipe, but we call this cornbread dressing. I would add a few boild eggs, chopped onion, bell pepper and celery, a couple TBSP Splenda or Stevia, one can Cream of Chicken Sour and one of Cream of Celery, and like the previous reviewer, no sliced bread, just cornbread. Yum"
"This was sooo delicious! I made it with 8 cups of cornbread and no sliced bread and added a little shredded cheddar and omg it was amazing!"