- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a heavy saucepan, cook the onion in butter until tender. Add all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Corn and Ham Chowder
"Was a nice, easy chowder to make. I did substitute the cream of mushroom (husband is allergic) for a can of cream of celery. I also only cooked my potatoes about 2/3 of the way and let everything simmer until done. This was a great was to use up some of my leftover Christmas ham. We topped the chowder with fresh grated cheddar, crispy bacon, chives, and fresh ground black pepper."
"Great fall time lunch! I did cheat on the potatoes, opting for a can of diced potatoes. Also used the entire can of cream of corn. Yummy! Teenagers choose to top theirs will peoper-jack cheese for a spicy kick."
"Excellent the whole family liked it."
"Very easy, very tasty, very filling"
"I like how simple this is! I garnished with a little shredded sharp cheddar (I live in WI, I can't help it!) and some fresh chopped chives."