Corn and Ham Chowder Recipe
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a heavy saucepan, cook the onion in butter until tender. Add all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Corn and Ham Chowder
Sort By :
Excellent the whole family liked it.
Very easy, very tasty, very filling
I like how simple this is! I garnished with a little shredded sharp cheddar (I live in WI, I can't help it!) and some fresh chopped chives.
Awesome. Smooth tasting. I added ham to this. Just wonderful!
I made this chowder as soon as I got the magazine many, many years ago. In 1994 my husband and brother came in from a looong day of ice fishing and ate the whole thing! I had homemade fresh bread and they only ate 1 slice of it and wanted MORE chowder!!! And I agree w/them ~ it's EXCELLENT and should be published again! I make it quite often. (I also saw a similar recipe today that called for bacon instead of ham, but I won't try it) :D
DEFINITE FIVE STARS!!! (I'd give more if I could)
~Makes 2 Qts.