- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a heavy saucepan, cook the onion in butter until tender. Add all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Corn and Ham Chowder
Sort By :
"Great fall time lunch! I did cheat on the potatoes, opting for a can of diced potatoes. Also used the entire can of cream of corn. Yummy! Teenagers choose to top theirs will peoper-jack cheese for a spicy kick."
"Excellent the whole family liked it."
"Very easy, very tasty, very filling"
"I like how simple this is! I garnished with a little shredded sharp cheddar (I live in WI, I can't help it!) and some fresh chopped chives."
"Awesome. Smooth tasting. I added ham to this. Just wonderful!"