- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, garlic and pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli and carrot in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture; add sauce and chicken to skillet. Return chicken to the skillet. Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"It’s not often that I have a recipe completely fail, but this one just did not turn out for me! I made it for myself & boyfriend - he absolutely hated it. I thought it was ok, but definitely tasted too peanut-buttery (and I love peanut butter). I ended up rinsing off the sauce in a colander and just making a replacement sauce with powdered ginger, soy sauce & a small amount of brown sugar. That greatly improved things, and the chicken still had the slightest hint of peanut butter - which was just enough. If I was going to make this again, I would use only 2 tsp of peanut butter."
"Awesome quick meal for a weeknight. Used linguine, next time I will kick up the heat and use more crushed red pepper."
"Nice, quick recipe. I added a touch more peanut butter and extra garlic. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I followed the recipe as is, I agree with another viewer, it needs a little more kick."
"<p>This was so delicious! I didn't have access to rice noodles, so I followed the suggested use of linguine noodles and it was divine! I had some extra vegetables left in my fridge that I needed to get rid of, so I added some chopped onion when I was stir-frying the chicken, and with the broccoli I added some chopped red pepper. I like more spice so I put about a tablespoon of the crushed red peppers, and when I was finished I put it over a bed of rice. It was very filling, and it was so good!</p>"