- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl; add eggs, celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
Sort By :
"Had to add a few sliced radishes. Wonderful."
"Good, nice dressing but might be missing a little something, maybe a little more mustard next time,. This might not be the recipes fault as didnt acutally measure the mustard!"
"This is just how my grandmother used to make it, loved it. I changed a few things though--added 3 tablespoons of dill pickle relish, one more tablespoon of prepared mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard for my personal preference."
"Very good. I used purple onion instead of green since that's what I had on hand. I also added some garlic powder."
"Very good potato salad...thought it needed a little something more though. Maybe a bit more sugar, salt and/or pepper."