We live at the edge of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, where there are lots of small farms. Country markets are plentiful here, so potatoes are a staple.
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl; add eggs, celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Potato Salad in Country June/July 2000, p49
Reviews for Contest-Winning Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review