- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using 1-1/2 cups water.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli and soup; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Freeze option: Transfer individual portions of cooled casserole to freezer containers; freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a microwave-safe dish and microwave, covered, on high until a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"Very delicious however the next time I make it, I will add the cheese during the last few minutes of baking."
"I made this lastnight and it got good reviews. I doubled the recipe and used 1 can Cream of Chicken soup, 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup, 1 cup Sour cream (light). I put 2 bags of chopped brocolli steamers in the Micro for 7 min. before combining with other ingredients. I put 1 c. Cheddar cheese directly on top of the broccoli, chicken mix and then spread the stuffing mix on top. I used 2 packages and made it with chicken broth. Baked at 350 for 30 minutes covered with foil and then 15 min. uncovered. Cheese was bubbly and stuffing slightly crispy on top. Even my 3 yr. old grandson liked it."
"I also used 2 c. Broccoli and just a sprinkling of cheddar on top. Very tasty and easy. Good weekday quick dinner"
"Very good but I would omit the 4 oz of shredded cheddar cheese on the top next time. It made a sort of 'layer' and took away from the broccoli and chicken flavors. Otherwise was delicious!"
"Delicious! I roasted split chicken breasts to add to this recipe. The flavors are fantastic. I'm only missing texture like the water chestnuts in the usual chicken divan recipe."