Best Broccoli Casserole
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Add rice; cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Melt butter in skillet; saute onion and celery until tender. In large bowl, combine rice, celery and onion with remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 251 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1128mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 7, 2012
I've never made a broccoli casserole so I don't have much to go on, but this one was pretty good. A little too much of the soup for my taste so next time I might try adding more broccoli. I decided to put it in my recipe book so that means it's a keeper.
Nov 29, 2011
I have hade this recipe for about 18 years and still making it.This recipe got me started with taste of home subscriptions And I still have the original recipe.Named How I Got My Kids to Eat ...Broccoli.It really works.Thank You! Cindy K Syracuse Indiana We love it. [email protected]
Dec 25, 2008
I wonder...am I supposed to bake this covered or uncovered? I liked the taste after adding seasoning and another 1/2 cup of cheese.