Best Broccoli Casserole
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Add rice; cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes. Melt butter in skillet; saute onion and celery until tender. In large bowl, combine rice, celery and onion with remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 251 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1128mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 7, 2012
I've never made a broccoli casserole so I don't have much to go on, but this one was pretty good. A little too much of the soup for my taste so next time I might try adding more broccoli. I decided to put it in my recipe book so that means it's a keeper.
Nov 29, 2011
I have hade this recipe for about 18 years and still making it.This recipe got me started with taste of home subscriptions And I still have the original recipe.Named How I Got My Kids to Eat ...Broccoli.It really works.Thank You! Cindy K Syracuse Indiana We love it. [email protected]
Dec 25, 2008
I wonder...am I supposed to bake this covered or uncovered? I liked the taste after adding seasoning and another 1/2 cup of cheese.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.