- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (3 ounces) crispy rice noodles
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add almonds and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and brown sugar. Chill until serving.
- For salad, in a large bowl, combine the lettuce, peppers and green onions. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with rice noodles, sunflower kernels and almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCompany Green Salad
"Very tasty. My kids have specifically asked for it!"
"Hmmmm, I'm curious to know how this recipe can be considered 'Diabetic Friendly' when there's a Tablespoon of sugar listed in ingredients."
"My husband said this is one of his favorite salads. I have to agree. It's simple to make and full of flavor. I used Olive Oil instead of Canola. I'm not sure why it asked for Conola."