I partially put this salad together and take the remaining ingredients (candied nuts, seeds, rice noodles and dressing) to mix in at the potluck. Works perfectly every time. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (3 ounces) crispy rice noodles
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add almonds and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and brown sugar. Chill until serving.
- For salad, in a large bowl, combine the lettuce, peppers and green onions. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with rice noodles, sunflower kernels and almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Company Green Salad in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p41
Reviews for Company Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review