Colorful Kielbasa Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, combine soup, water and butter; bring to a boil. Add kielbasa and rice. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in peas and mushrooms; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Colorful Kielbasa(21)
Sort By :
I made this to test the rice issue.. some have mentioned in the forums that the rice wasn't getting soft (ie, not being cooked). I think this is due to the soup absorbing too much of the water, not leaving enough for the rice which needs twice the amount of water than rice in order to cook properly. The recipe is excellent, when you cook the rice separately and add it just before serving. Kielbasa and sweet rope sausage are interchangeable in this recipe.
Made this last night. It was very easy and quick. Everyone enjoyed the flavor. I also had
trouble with the rice not getting soft enough. Even so I will make it again and work on the rice.
I've made this several times, sometimes substituting mushroom soup and chopped celery. Also very good.
Making *this* tonight. Noticed another's rate of recipe using sliced sweet sausage instead. Kielbasa available in our location is only 13 ounces, for a 16 ounce price. I also use broccoli instead of peas. Very quick and easy. Thank You.
I make this all the time and it is fantastic!! There's something in it for everyone, and its so quick and easy! I can't seem to ever get the rice part fully soft though, always a few crunchy bites but I'm working on it.