- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups soaked wood chips, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Tie the roast at 1-1/2- to 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Rub seasonings over roast; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove roast from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling; brush with oil.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan, adding half the wood chips if desired. Place roast over drip pan and grill, covered, over medium-low indirect heat for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), adding remaining wood chips after 1 hour. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-16 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Coffee-Crusted Prime Rib
Sort By :
Only regret i had was we ran out of beef! It was tasty!!