Coconut Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Place squash in a microwave-safe dish, cut side down. Microwave, covered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Turn squash cut side up. Mix chutney, coconut and melted butter; spoon into centers of squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Microwave, covered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Acorn Squash(9)
Sort By :
I DO NOT like acorn squash, usually. My husband's grandmother used to make roasted acorn squash for him, so it's very special to him. I saw this and filed away as something I would make to surprise him, and it was actually delicious! Definitely a keeper.
Oh my goodness, this was wonderful! Loved the mango chutney mixture! I've made it twice in the past few weeks, and I'll definitely be making it again.
Excellent...a very nice combination of flavors to add a little punch to the acorn squash.
This is sooo good! My family loved it and will make a repeat performance at next year's Thanksgiving dinner. Even those who might not like squash may like this. Didn't even need to add sugar.
What a brilliant fast fix! Love the tropical flavor from coconut & chutney.
More Recipe Collections
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Squash Recipes >