- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup diced cooked turkey
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salad dressing of choice
- Sliced ripe olives and lemon wedges, optional
- Place lettuce on a platter or in a large serving bowl. Arrange remaining ingredients in rows or sections as desired. Add dressing of choice; if desired, serve with sliced ripe olives and lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Classic Cobb Salad
"My husband and I really liked this , and I will definitely make it again."
"I made this for my husband and me last weekend, and we both loved it. It has so many different flavors that make your mouth go WOW! We will be making this quite often in our house."