Skinny Cobb Salad
This "skinny" version of Cobb salad has all the taste and creaminess with half the fat and calories. You can skip the coleslaw mix and do all lettuce, but I like the crunch you get with cabbage. —Taylor Kiser, Brandon, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta or blue cheese
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 turkey bacon strips, chopped and cooked
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- Mix yogurt and dressing; thin with water as desired. Toss coleslaw mix with lettuce; divide among four plates.
- Arrange remaining ingredients in rows over top. Drizzle with yogurt mixture.
Health Tip: Combining classic Cobb salad flavors with healthy ingredients—like Greek yogurt, chopped apple and garbanzo beans—makes this main-dish salad a win-win.