My family likes to change the toppings for this luscious dessert. We use berries, chopped nuts or fruit, ice cream, whipped cream or caramel topping. If I'm making the dessert for adults only, I love to add a little rum to the milk mixture to give the pudding extra flavor. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Featured In: 24 Christmas Puddings for the Holiday Season
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Stir in bread and pecans. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Raisin Banana Bread Pudding in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p89
Reviews for Cinnamon-Raisin Banana Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review