- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Stir in flax and honey. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Gently stir in raisins.
- Press into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Granola Bars
"I made these today and they turned out perfect. Kind of a chewy, soft granola bar similar to an oatmeal cookie. I can see how different dried fruits or chocolate chips would change it up nicely for variety. I'm sure I'll make these again."
"These were absolutely delicious! My husband said they were so much better than any you can buy. I will definitely be making these again! I put them into a 9x13 pan, and they ended making about 14 bars."
"This is a great snack and I added chocolate chips in place of the raisins."
"these turned out great, have made them several times.Have a question for Ladyslipper9When you finished making these, what did you call them? because it certainly was NOT the recipe for Cinnamon Granola Bars."
"I did quite a bit of add ons: walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips and coconut (all i had was sweetened from a previous recipe) and they were AMAZING ... a great after school snack for my 6yr old. I did have too cook them for about 25 minutes for them too harden but well worth the wait :-)"