- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Stir in flax and honey. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Gently stir in raisins.
- Press into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Granola Bars
"This was nice, but I'm not sure it can be described as healthy seeing as it is full of sugar- sugar, honey and raisins. I'd give it five stars if it had been listed as a treat."
"These were absolutely delicious! My husband said they were so much better than any you can buy. I will definitely be making these again! I put them into a 9x13 pan, and they ended making about 14 bars."
"This is a great snack and I added chocolate chips in place of the raisins."
"these turned out great, have made them several times.Have a question for Ladyslipper9When you finished making these, what did you call them? because it certainly was NOT the recipe for Cinnamon Granola Bars."
"I did quite a bit of add ons: walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips and coconut (all i had was sweetened from a previous recipe) and they were AMAZING ... a great after school snack for my 6yr old. I did have too cook them for about 25 minutes for them too harden but well worth the wait :-)"
"Made these yesterday. I had to substitute the butter for applesauce (husband and I have dairy allergy) and these were really good. I did have to bake them a bit longer because of the sub. Next time I make them, I'm subbing peanut butter for the butter and adding mini chocolate chips to send to my daughter in college. Thanks for the great recipe."
"Very good. I used 2T coconut oil 2T butter,11/2 oats, 1/2c coconut, 2T wheat germ for flax seed, dried cherries for raisins. I aiso used 1/2c whole wheat flour and 1/2c white flour and decreased brown sugar to 2/3c."
"Really yummy. Easy to prepare with my children. A big hit with my family. We added sunbutter and wheat germ in place of the flax seed. Definitely plan on making again."