"It's easy to vary the flavors in this salad by using different fruits, but the herb syrup always makes it taste special," says field editor Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh spearmint or mint
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or blackberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed honeydew
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil, spearmint and cinnamon stick. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard the herbs and cinnamon stick from syrup. In a serving bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Basil Fruit Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p5
Reviews for Cinnamon-Basil Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review