- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh spearmint or mint
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or blackberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed honeydew
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil, spearmint and cinnamon stick. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard the herbs and cinnamon stick from syrup. In a serving bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Basil Fruit Salad
"After receiving mint and cinnamon basil in my CSA box, I turned to google and this recipe was the perfect use for my fresh herbs. The simple syrup combination made the fruit a little too sweet, so I drizzled a very minimal amount on the fruit and it turned out to be a great brunch dish."