- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Remove chops; keep warm. Add apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture and remaining butter to pan; cook and stir until apples are tender. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCinnamon-Apple Pork Chops
"We really liked this recipe. Very tasty and easy to make."
"this recipe looks good!!! upgrade your kitchen experience with a decorated - stainless steel - excellent - lemon squeezer!feed this coupon codeHKM78V5Qinhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H3D58HQgood luck!"
"Had to give it 5 stars. My wife, who isn't a fan of pork chops at all, agreed to this because of the apples and she loved it! Very tasted!"
"Nice fall meal. I used Granny Smith apples and left out the pecans."
"Apples and pork are a match made in heaven. Very good recipe. Thank you."
"Simple, delicious, loved it!"
"I prepared this recipe last night. easy and delicious. I cooked Gala apples as it was what I had available. Will try more tart apples next time. Also added glazed pecans instead of the plain pecans."
"The only thing I changed was to saute onions, garlic, celery, raisins chopped apples in a Dutch oven pan first in butter and a little olive oil (so butter doesn't brown). Then remove from pan and brown the pork chops in the drippings. Return chopped onions, celery, garlic, raisins and apples to pan. Add brown sugar, nutmeg and 1/3- 1/2 can frozen apple juice concentrate to the pan at this time and mix in. Then stir in 1-2 T. corn starch to thicken a little. Spread some of the sauce on the bottom of the casserole. Add browned pork chops. Spread remaining sauce on chops. Sprinkle with parsley. bake at 350 degrees covered for 35 - 40 min ; uncover last 10 - 15 min. bake until no longer pink inside. The flavors are amazing.! dvdv Pinehills in Plymouth MA"