- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork for about 4 minutes on each side. Pour 1 cup apple cider in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Place two sprigs rosemary in slow cooker; top with meat and remaining rosemary. Place cherries around roast. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; keep warm.
- Strain cooking liquid; reserve liquid and transfer to a small saucepan. Stir in 3/4 cup cider; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining cider until smooth. Gradually whisk into cider mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cider Pork Roast
Sort By :
I really liked this one. I may try other complementary fruits besides cherries.
Not bad, but was missing something. Perhaps some allspice and onions?
LOVED THIS!!!! I used two 1 lb pork tenderloins and I cooked them on high for 4 hours and it was perfect! I would reccomend using a spice bag for the rosemary because it was a mess having to separate it from the cherries. I also added more cherries to the reduction sauce. I can't wait to make it again!
i only had one roast that was 1 1/4 pounds. It tasted good but I think I cooked it to long as it dried out.
wow this was incredibly moist and tasty. Did not have cherries used cranberries. Only cooked on low 4 hours to get to temp watch out that it doesnt overcook! Fantastic and sooo easy.
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >