My chunky fruit skewers are always a hit for brunch, whether served with pastries, quiche or eggs and bacon. They're also excellent appetizers and potluck additions.
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 3 medium apples, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Alternately thread fruit onto wooden skewers. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook and stir the egg yolk and syrup until a thermometer reads 160° and is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool completely. Fold in the whipped cream. Serve with fruit for dipping. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 20 kabobs (about 1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Christmas Fruit Kabobs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p11
Reviews for Christmas Fruit Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review