Christmas Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (7.3 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Paprika, optional
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute green pepper and mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add flour; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add pimientos and salt.
- Place half of the cauliflower in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with half of the sauce. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Cauliflower(5)
Sort By :
It was a nice variation for a vegetable side dish. My family likes a Spicer dish so I added pepper jack cheese in lieu of Swiss.
Family really loved this recipe. The flavors where really rich and robust. As an added bonus it had a nice visual appearance. Great!
The only change I made is I cut down on the green pepper. We do like everything that went into it but felt it just did not have much taste. If I do make it again I would add some garlic salt or more seasoning.
It was OK. Easy to make but a little bland even when I added extra swiss cheese..
I have cooked this wonderful side dish on many occasions. It is always a hit. everyone loves it so much I don't just make it for christmas. I am usually asked to make this over and over again.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >