Chocolate Malted Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chunks and chips.
- Shape into 2-in. balls; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Malted Cookies
Sort By :
"I was so disappointed in these cookies. They were greasy. They also seemed to burn at the temperature and time suggested. I lowered the temperature and made smaller cookies. They were somewhat better, but there is no way that I'm sending these to work with my husband. I'll stick to my tried and true yummy chocolate chip recipe."
"I wish I could give it a 5 star review. I really wanted to like these cookies especially with how many people like them. There is WAY to much shortening in this recipe. Like others mine spread out super flat and were greasy. So greasy in fact that there was oil hanging out on the cookies sheet after removing cookies. Very disappointing because ingredients are not cheap. I would like to know how these turned out so great for most people. The cookies did not look like picture at all!"
"Best chocolate chip cookies ever! My mom said she'll never make regular chocolate chip cookies again and I agree! The kids loved them too :-)"
"These were yummy. I followed the recipe except for 2 things. I used real butter (unsalted) and in place of the 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, I used slightly crushed malted milk balls. (I still used the 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks.) They turned out great, had a good "malted" flavor and my family devoured them. I plan on making a batch or two for our church bake sale next month. I am sure they will sell out fast."
"This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe...."