Malted Milk Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups malted milk balls, crushed
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, drink mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in malted milk balls.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2012
They had a good flavor and was something different to make other than chocolate chip cookies.
Feb 14, 2012
We all just loved these. The texture is excellent, as well as the flavor. I might just have to enter these in the state fair this year, they're so good!
Oct 10, 2011
I love to bake for my friends and family. My husband and children are my taste testers since I don't like eating cookies although I will taste one to make sure they came out as they should. I still don't like to eat cookies, but I can eat a few of these with no problem. Even the batter tastes like heaven (but I discourage this behavior since the ingredients are raw). I get such raves when I make these and can never seem to make enough. I have my husband/children put the malted milk balls in a zipped bag and use a meat tenderizer or small rolling pin to crush them up. They don't mind since they know what's coming. Great cookie recipe, have made many times and will continue.
Sep 28, 2009
I liked these, but one thing to note: You should make sure to *really* crush the malted milk balls. Some of mine were almost whole when they went into the oven, and the result is that the malted part on the inside becomes very chewy. But they were still quite good!