This smooth satin chocolate frosting will bring a touch of elegance to even the most basic cake. A simple garnish such as fresh fruit, mint leaves or edible flowers adds the finishing touch.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- For a pourable ganache, cool, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 85°-90° and is slightly thickened, about 40 minutes. Pour over cake, allowing some to drape down the sides. Spread ganache with a spatula if necessary to evenly coat, working quickly before it thickens. Let stand until set.
- For spreadable ganache, chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches a spreading consistency. Spread over cake. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Chocolate Ganache in Complete Guide to Baking 2004, p139
Reviews for Chocolate Ganache
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2013
"Family loved this on a chocolate pie!"
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2012
"quick easy good"
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2010
"This was a very easy recipe to follow. I had extra Ganache and so I dipped some strawberries and they came out great!"