Flourless Chocolate Cake with Rosemary Ganache
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Line the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment; grease the paper. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate, butter and wine over low heat, stirring constantly while melting. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until frothy and doubled in volume, about 5 minutes. Gradually fold eggs into chocolate mixture, one-third at a time, until well blended. Pour into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until outer edges are set (center will jiggle). Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Invert onto a serving platter; remove parchment.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and rosemary just to a boil. Remove from the heat; discard rosemary. Pour cream over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cake. Chill until set.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 435 calories, 35g fat (20g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 9, 2017
What could I use in place of the wine, please?? Thank you.
Nov 23, 2015
Wow! This cake was great and I wouldn't have thought it could get any better until the rosemary ganache was added. This is a must try!
Aug 31, 2013
Absolutely awesome. I get requests to make this!!!