Flourless Chocolate Cake with Rosemary Ganache
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Line the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; grease the paper. Place on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter and wine over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until frothy and doubled in volume, about 5 minutes. Gradually fold eggs into chocolate mixture, one-third at a time, until well blended. Pour into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until outer edges are set (center will jiggle). Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Invert onto a serving platter; remove parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and rosemary just to a boil. Remove from the heat; discard rosemary. Pour cream over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cake. Chill until set.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 435 calories, 35g fat (20g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Oct 9, 2017
What could I use in place of the wine, please?? Thank you.
Nov 23, 2015
Wow! This cake was great and I wouldn't have thought it could get any better until the rosemary ganache was added. This is a must try!
Aug 31, 2013
Absolutely awesome. I get requests to make this!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.