This cranberry bread is tender and moist. The first time I made this quick bread it immediately became a favorite for the fall and winter holidays. The tart cranberries complement the sweet chocolate so well.—Jessica Hornaday, Nampa, Idaho
Recommended: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p47
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review