- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and soda; add to creamed mixture (batter will be thick).
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine chocolate chips, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over batter. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over the top. Sprinkle with remaining chip mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p39
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2012
"The sugar is 1 cup in dough and 1/2 cup in topping. The recipe was in M/A 99' Quick Cooking. My family loves it!!"
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2009
"This recipe requires the sugar to be divided but fails to mention how much to use in each part of the recipe."