Chocolate Chip Cherry Bread Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs, bananas and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips, pecans and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cherry Bread(3)
Sort By :
Delicious bread. I made this as directed for the most part. Used 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown. I used 2 bananas that were in the freezer and added just a little bit of Almond extract. It took over an hour to bake it but totally worth the wait, very good. Even Hubby liked it and he never eats quick bread.
Sooooo GOOD!! Make this for a great treat! I will put this in my to make often file.
wonderful. wonderful.ater folding all ingred. in I let it sit for 10 min. before putting into 2 loaf pans. Bake as directed.It came out great. I made this last yr,but forget its name. I won't forget now. Thanks.