I love grilled pineapple. This recipe combines the fruit's natural sweetness with the tart and spicy flavors of lime and chili powder. It's great for dessert and even as a side dish to ham or pork chops. —Geraldine Saucier, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash salt
- Peel pineapple, removing any eyes from fruit. Cut lengthwise into six wedges; remove core. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Brush pineapple with half of the glaze; reserve remaining mixture for basting.
- Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, basting occasionally with reserved glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chili-Lime Grilled Pineapple in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2015, p245
Reviews for Chili-Lime Grilled Pineapple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review