- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Spread half the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in hot dogs; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Stir in the chili, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder; heat through. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- Spoon over corn bread batter; top with remaining corn bread batter. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
Sort By :
Really delicious. I used a 12-oz. package of hot dogs, and it was enough. 1 tablespoon of brown sugar made it plenty sweet.
I put all the cornbread on the bottom, and it worked out great! Tasted very yummy, and is a great way to use leftover hotdogs from a grill out!
We LOVED this! The 2nd time I made it I doubled everything and prepared in a 9x13 pan so we could have leftovers! We think it's fabulous!!!!
not the healthiest of all recipes, however it is very good! I doubled the spices, and added them while the veggies and hot dogs were cooking. Will make again
Made this just as written. It was great!
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Dogs >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >