- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook and stir shallots until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in sour cream; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach
Sort By :
"I enjoyed the flavor but my sauce definitely did not turn out like the picture. Would make again though."
"we loved it! different and elegant. thank you so much for the wonderful recipe."
"Very tasty! I also added garlic to the onions (didn't have shallots). I used frozen chopped spinach but will try fresh spinach next time."
"My husband and father just loved this! My hubby thought he was eating a gourmet meal. My changes included using some garlic Mrs. Dash on my chicken, & onions instead of shallots. I did use the white wine. It was quick easy and very flavorful. Will make again."
"Delicious, made it like the recipe said, didn't have white wine but used chicken broth."