Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook and stir shallots until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in sour cream; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach
Sort By :
Excellent recipe. I love the tender spinach in the creamy shallot sauce.
Added dried garlic when sautéing the garlic. Overall a great recipe.
I love this dish. I'm always looking for something that is low in calories but full of flavor. I doubled the spinach and shallot mixture so that I did not have to add a side dish to this.
My husband loved this dish!
I have made this dish several times and will again tomorrow. It is one of our favorites and very easy to make and I also serve with rice or red potatoes. Yummy