Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook and stir shallots until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in sour cream; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach
Sort By :
"we loved it! different and elegant. thank you so much for the wonderful recipe."
"Very tasty! I also added garlic to the onions (didn't have shallots). I used frozen chopped spinach but will try fresh spinach next time."
"My husband and father just loved this! My hubby thought he was eating a gourmet meal. My changes included using some garlic Mrs. Dash on my chicken, & onions instead of shallots. I did use the white wine. It was quick easy and very flavorful. Will make again."
"Delicious, made it like the recipe said, didn't have white wine but used chicken broth."
"This has everything I love in a recipe: Fast to make, few ingredients, and delicious!!!Like many other reviewers I had no shallots so I substituted with yellow onions, and frozen spinach (thawed in a colander and then used a spoon to squeeze out excess water). I also didn't have white wine and, while I had chicken broth, using wine sounded so good I took a chance and used RED WINE...it came out absolutely scrumptious! I tried the recipe again a week later with white wine, still very good though I think I liked the flavor of the red a tiny bit better. Presentation was definitely better with the white wine as the red tinged the spinach and onions pink but if it's just for family who cares! This is enough for 3 adults if you have another side, otherwise I don't think there would be enough spinach. Since this was a last minute dinner I made a couple of baked potatoes in the microwave and it went well with it and left my husband and I stuffed! This definitely goes into the rotation."