Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook and stir shallots until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in sour cream; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach
Sort By :
"Enjoyed it. I sprinkled salt and garlic powder over the chicken and set it in the frig for a couple of hours to help infuse it with flavor. I also added garlic with the onions.I had some carrots I needed to use, so I shredded them and added them with the spinach."
"This was super yummy. I used a stainless pan so there were crunchy bits of chicken in my spinach and the sauce was brown after I added the sour cream, but I think that was probably an improvement over the non stick version. For our family, this was not a 6 serving meal. I did have chicken leftover feeding two adults and one child but all the spinach was eaten."
"Excellent recipe. I love the tender spinach in the creamy shallot sauce."
"Added dried garlic when sautéing the garlic. Overall a great recipe."
"I love this dish. I'm always looking for something that is low in calories but full of flavor. I doubled the spinach and shallot mixture so that I did not have to add a side dish to this."