- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
In same pan, cook and stir shallots until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in sour cream; serve with chicken.
Freeze option: Before adding sour cream, cool chicken and spinach mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach
Sort By :
"Made as written except substituted onion for shallots. It was truly quick and easy, and delicious to boot."
"OMG I made these last night and they were delicious. I added additional spices to chicken and I would probably double or triple the spinach next time as I wanted more of that and it really shrinks after it's cooked. Amazing recipe."
"This was so good as is. Somebody suggested using breasts which are so dry. Don't use them follow the recipe and use thighs. So moist"
"This is so tasty that it no way serves 6. My husband and I just about finished the whole thing off ourselves!"
"Total winner Genna, will definitely make this again! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe!"