Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, cook and stir shallots until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Add spinach and salt; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in sour cream; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Shallots & Spinach(16)
Sort By :
I baked my chicken b/c mine was bone in. Tasted great!
This is delicious! I made a few adjustments for what I had on hand & personal preferences, and turned out terrific. My changes: I doubled the sauce ingredients, except for the spinach, and served it over penne pasta. Used an onion instead of shallots, chicken broth rather than white wine, Montreal Seasoning on the chicken instead of seasoned salt & pepper, and added minced garlic, because everything is better with garlic added :).
This was a delicious dinner! It is an easy, and flavorful dish.
I did make a few substitutions. I used chicken breast in place of thighs. Instead of seasoned salt, I flavored my chicken with garlic salt, onion powder, and ground pepper. My family can't get enough sauce, so I increased the sauce by using 1 cup of chicken broth, and 1/2 cup of sour cream. I added arugula with the spinach. Because of the salt content in the garlic salt, and chicken broth, I omitted the 1/4 t of salt.
I served this with wild rice, which was a great compliment to this delicious chicken meal! I will definitely make this again! Thank you!
I thought this was quite good, but I made a few changes, based on what I had on hand.
I substituted the thighs for palm-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts I marinated in a light brine solution. As a result, I eliminated the seasoned salt.
The only complaint from my family, is that they wished there was more spinach.
I'd make this again.
I made this and it is awesome! Highly recommend it. I changed a few things to use what I had in the kitchen. I used: white wine, frozen spinach (thawed, well drained) and a red onion (about 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped, instead of shallots), I need to double the wine/sour cream mixture and deleted the salt on the spinach.....wasn't needed! Quick, easy and tasty!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >