- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- SOUTHWEST BURGER TOPPINGS:
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with avocado, jalapeno and salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Burgers
"I did not use the toppings that the recipe suggested, as I have this in a Taste of Home cookbook and they were not included in the recipe. Instead we used monetary cheese with jalapenos, salsa, and sour cream. My husband said that he was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful the burgers were. We will definitely make these again!"
"Delicious! I add an extra pound of ground chicken to the recipe. It is still gooey but I am able to form them into patties."
"One word - DELICIOUS!"
"made this and it was DELICIOUS, I wasn't sure how the patties were going to turn out... trying to form the patties the chicken seemed gooy, but once cooked they formed perfect size patties and were good....I will make again."
"Made these and loved them very much. Would recommened them!!!"