Try this fun twist on chicken salad using fuss-free coleslaw mix. Hilda Anger in Valparaiso, Florida writes, “This crunchy, creamy recipe from my mother is delicious with leftover or canned chicken, tuna or even salmon.”
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Salad Recipes
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, diced
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Dash celery salt
- Dash paprika, optional
- In a small salad bowl, combine the chicken, coleslaw mix, celery and egg. In another bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, milk, lemon juice, brown sugar and celery salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Slaw in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review