Chicken Scampi Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in butter and oil until garlic is tender. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the tomato, lemon juice and parsley; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with tomato mixture. Top with chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Scampi
Sort By :
I am a late bloomer when it comes to cooking so I don't deviate to much from recipes. I didn't have chicken so I just used veggies. No fresh tomatoes so used 1/3 can of diced. I added artichoke hearts and fresh spinach. I was mainly using recipe for the sauce. I am my biggest critic and I really enjoyed it. Hubby and 3yr old grandson chowed. Didn't even have left overs. I will def make this again. ~Thank you for sharing!